chrisescars.com

chrisescars.com


2010 Brazilian motor show – Part 1

Posted: 12 Nov 2010 08:53 AM PST

Its been a while since I have been to a motor show and since I was in Brazil I thought I would visit the 2010 Brazil motor Show in Sao Paulo. I have been to a few shows in my time but this has to be one of the largest I have ever visited. After a five hour visit I was only able to see about 3 quarters of the exhibits and this is my story of the day.


Upon entering the first thing that grabbed my attention was the customized Buster helicopter, with its 50 inch telly in the back and sound system pumping away, straight away I knew this was going to be one hell of a car show.

Pagani

And after a few more paces onwards there it was – the most expensive car on display at the event, the Pagani Zonda R.

This supercar has recently lapped the famous Nürburgring race track in 6:58, taking the record from Ferrari but sadly this car’s production is coming to an end.

Rossin-Bertin

Sharing the same display block with Pagani was Rossin-Bertin who are the creators of the first ever Brazilian supercar called the Vorax.

They had a white and red model on display as well as a naked chassis of the car. The Brazilian designers have apparently modeled the shape of this car from a dinosaur head.

Spyker and koenigsegg

Also sharing the same stand was the awesome Spyker Aileron C8 and koenigsegg CCX. Both cars were displayed with their lambo style doors open.

The 400hp Aileron was dressed in a brilliant white coat but the Koenigsegg CCX grabbed more people’s attention with its bright orange finish.





Ayrton Senna

One feature of the show which was a pleasant surprise was the Ayrton Senna tribute stand. The John player Special Lotus Formula one car, which the legendary f1 driver piloted, was on display along with his helmet.

Related Posts You may Find Interesting

Chris’s wishlist – Porsche 959

Posted: 12 Nov 2010 08:33 AM PST

The third car on my wishlist is the Porsche 959, this sports car was basically a 911 on steroids and was one of the most technically advanced cars of its time. It was my favorite supercar during the eighties and even though the Ferrari F40 was faster I thought the 959 was the better looker.


The one feature that I like the most about this car is the rear boot spoiler, with most cars the spoiler is an extra that gets fitted on the back but with the 959 its part of the car, I just love the way it curves over the back of the car into a kind of bridge form, its a stunning design that should used on newer cars.

The Porsche 959 was built from 1986 to 1989, it was originally developed as a Group B rally car and later became a road legal production car. It had a top speed of 195mph (313.8 km/h) and could accelerate from 0 -100km/h in just 3.7 seconds , thats impressive figures even by todays standards.

While most supercar producers were going for the wedge shaped look during the eighties, Porsche retained their traditional curvy design. Only 292 Porsche 959s were made and you could probably pick up a used one for around $200,000.





Out of all of the cars on my wish list this has to be the one that I would prefer to own the most, I had always liked the 911 and when this model came along it just blew me away. Its beauty and power is just awesome and maybe one day I will get the opportunity to take a drive in this classic supercar.

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post's poll.

Related Posts You may Find Interesting

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More